Talk with a partner and write on a scratch sheet of paper:
- What are some questions you have for me?
- What things are you struggling with?
2. Chanson/Adjectifs possessifs: We used the song lyrics to identify the different forms of the word for "my" in French:
mon ma mes
We learned that there are different forms for masculine objects, feminine objects, and plural objects (whether masculine or feminine). Mon chien (my dog - dog is masculine), ma famille (my family - family is feminine, mes parents (my parents - there's more than one). We began filling this in on our new vocab and grammar sheet.
3. La famille: We continued introducing family vocabulary using the textbook. P. 112 in Chapter 4
4. Vote with your feet: We tried an activity where we walked to different sides of the classroom to answer questions about our families. But I didn't do a good job making sure it was understandable for everyone, so it didn't go so well. I'll have to see how I can make it easier to participate and make it more interesting.
5. Liste de vocabulaire: I went over what's on the vocab/grammar sheet and how it could be used for studying.
6. Histoire: We started reading an original story about Lucie the cat (see her on p. 112 in Chapter 4). We just got through paragraph 1.